Medical Explorers is sponsored by Bothwell Regional Health Center and the “Learning for Life” program of the Boy Scouts of America, Ozark Trails Post #75. Here are more details about this program:
What do we do in the program?
- Explore careers in areas such as nursing, radiology, social work, rehabilitation services, laboratory, medicine and more…
- Learn about various hospital departments and career paths
- Hands on learning experiences with guest speakers in healthcare
- Job Shadow various healthcare workers in a variety of departments
Who can apply?
- Young men and women entering their Junior or Senior year of high school (2017-2018)
- High School students who maintain a B average
- Students in Pettis and Benton County Missouri
When are meetings held?
- Kick-off meeting in October
- Education sessions: one Thursday each month
- Job shadowing is offered periodically throughout the year, during the week (primarily M-F)
- Meeting attendance may be required in order to participate in certain activities
When are applications due?
- Friday, September 22, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
Interested students may submit an application to the BRHC 2017-2018 Medical Explorers program. If selected to participate in the program, the cost is $50 for the entire school year. Medical Explorers will receive a polo shirt to wear during educational sessions and job shadowing. Please do not enclose payment with the application. Fees will be collected after the selection process is completed.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Medical Explorer application
- Two paragraphs addressing the essay portion of the application
- Copy of most recent grade card (Minimum “B” average is required)
- One letter of recommendation in a sealed envelope
- Applications must be returned by Friday, September 22, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
- Students needing financial assistance may submit an inquiry with their application
Application can be dropped off or mailed to:
Bothwell Regional Health Center
c/o Beth Everts
601 E. 14th St.
Sedalia, MO 65301
Questions? Please contact Beth Everts at (660) 829-6652 or email firstname.lastname@example.org