HealthFest 2015 Celebrates Bothwell's 85th Anniversary
SEDALIA – Some people celebrate their birthdays with big parties. At Bothwell Regional Health Center, they’re celebrating their 85th anniversary with a community-wide health fair.
Bothwell will host HealthFest 2015 from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Oct. 17, in the Bothwell Education Center, across the street from the hospital at 600 East 14th Street.
“HealthFest 2015 is our way of thanking the community for the support they’ve given us over the years,” said President and Chief Executive Officer John Dawes. “It’s also a great way for people to learn more about their health and important indicators like cholesterol, blood pressure and even lung function. We’ll even have activities to keep children occupied, so their parents can take advantage of the health screenings.”
Free health screenings will include:
• Bone density
• Pulmonary (lung) function
• Non-fasting cholesterol and glucose, first 400 guests
• Fecal occult test kits, first 200 guests
• Blood pressure
• Height/weight/body mass index
• Screening assessments for sleep disorders and heart disease
• Balance and grip strength
• Skin cancer screening by MU dermatology residents
A series of 15-minute educational presentations will be held in the Auditorium. The schedule includes:
8:30 a.m.: Diabetes management
9 a.m.: Wound care
9:30 a.m.: Breast cancer treatment
10 a.m.: Radiation therapy
10:30 a.m.: Cardiac rehab
11 a.m.: Joint replacement
11:30 a.m.: It’s Your Health. Own It!
Other activities will include:
• Brown bag special, a pharmacist will review your medications for possible interactions
• Flu Shots for adults, provided by Pettis County Health Center (Can bill insurance, Medicare or Medicaid. Bring your insurance card. $25 for others)
• Dental information, provided by Katy Trail Community Health
• Kid activities
• Breastfeeding Coalition’s Baby Café will be open
• Promotional giveaways
Bothwell Regional Health Center opened its doors in 1930 as John H. Bothwell Memorial Hospital, named after a Sedalia attorney and philanthropist who was a key financial contributor to construction of the hospital.
For more information on HealthFest2015, contact Community Outreach Coordinator Stephanie Hanning at (660) 827-9138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.