Bothwell hosting Pettis County MU Extension ‘Taking Care of You’ program
Sedalia, Missouri, March 22, 2018 — Bothwell Regional Health Center is pleased to host “Taking Care of You,” a multi-session program by the Pettis County University of Missouri Extension that provides practical ways to help deal with the stress of life.
The four-session program will meet twice weekly for two hours each. Dates and times for the sessions are April 10, 12, 17 and 19, from 6-8 p.m. The cost of the program is $25, and the sessions will be conducted at Bothwell’s Education Center at the corner of 14th and Ingram in Sedalia. The program will provide strategies to:
- Take better care of all aspects of your health – body, mind and spirit.
- Become more aware of the mind-body connection and how to use it for better health.
- Respond versus react to the stress in your life.
- Discover opportunities in life’s challenges.
- Develop habits that can lead to a healthier you.
- Find ways to bring more joy into your life.
- Simplify your life.
- Live more in the moment.
Melissa Cotton, a nutrition and health education specialist for the Pettis County MU Extension, said the program will offer practical ways to help handle stress. “Managing life’s challenges in a healthy way allows you to take better care of yourself and your overall health,” Cotton said. “Each week we will explore topics through small-group discussion, self-reflection and activities designed to help you deal with stress in your life.”