Bothwell Foundation Offers Nursing Scholarship
The Bothwell Regional Health Center Foundation has announced it will offer a scholarship to area nurses and nursing students. The Pat Gaunt Nursing scholarship is for those wishing to begin or advance a career in nursing or for special training.
Criteria for the scholarship includes:
• Must have a financial need.
• Must be entering the job market or training to improve job performance in a nursing career.
• Must be seeking a one-year certificate, two-year associate degree, be working towards a four-year Bachelor’s degree or beyond, or seeking to improve current nursing qualifications.
• May be a group or department of nurses seeking assistance to attend a nursing related conference or seminar. This includes bringing seminar speakers on-site to BRHC.
• Must be a permanent resident of Pettis or adjacent counties. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
• If seeking a new degree, applicant must have applied to an accredited school located in the U.S. and have been accepted.
The deadline for applications is April 15. Applications will be available at www.brhc.org or by calling the Bothwell Foundation at 660-826-6263.
The Bothwell Foundation’s scholarship endowment was created through a bequest from the estate of Patricia Gaunt, who was a registered nurse at Bothwell from 1969 until her retirement in 2001. Her bequest provides resources for other nurses to have the training they need to serve the patients they care for each day.
The recipients of the Pat Gaunt Scholarship will be announced during the Nurses Week celebration in May.