Bothwell Auxiliary Makes Gifts to Hospital Programs
Members of the Bothwell Regional Health Center Auxiliary took advantage of their annual Christmas Tea to play Santa to multiple hospital programs. The tea was held Thursday, Dec. 10, in the Bothwell Café with about 75 Auxiliary members attending.
In the spirit of the giving season, Auxiliary President Betty Blackwell announced gifts totaling nearly $31,754 for various hospital programs. The projects funded included:
• TABS® monitors for 2 Southwest, (restraint-free devices that alert staff when a patient is moving from the bed, chair, room, or leaving a designated safety zone, and could be at risk for fall or injury), $2080
• A mobile lift for 2 Southwest, $6,500
• A transport gurney for the Emergency Department, $1,000
• A bilirubin blanket for the Nursery, $6,000
• Bariatric parallel bars for the Rehabilitation Department, $1,174.
The Auxiliary also made a $15,000 payment on their $35,000 pledge for 3D mammography equipment that is now operational in the Bothwell Diagnostic Center.
"The work of the Auxiliary also involves the gift of time. We are honored to support the hospital with equipment and services that enhance patient care," Blackwell said.
The funds represent proceeds from the Auxiliary Gift Shop at the hospital, annual Auxiliary Ice Cream Social and other special sales.
“The support and dedication of the Bothwell Auxiliary is invaluable to the hospital," said Jimmy Robertson, interim chief executive officer of Bothwell Regional Health Center as he addressed the auxiliary. “Some hospitals don’t have an auxiliary because they lack partners who are this well organized and devoted to the hospital’s mission. Thank you all for your support of these hospital programs.”
Pictured from left are Lisa Church, executive director of Bothwell Foundation and Communications, Lana Kelly, director of Women’s Health, Bonnie Killion, assistant director of Women’s Health and Dianne Williams, director of 2 Southwest who received the gifts presented by Betty Blackwell, president of Bothwell Auxiliary, pictured on far right.